- Applications for this role are now closed. Thanks to everyone who got in touch.
The Professional Copywriters’ Network (PCN) is the UK’s leading membership association for commercial writers.
Founded in 2012, we have grown to over 1300 registered members. Our annual conference every autumn attracts hundreds of freelance, agency and in-house writers from top UK and international brands.
Now we’re looking for a freelance website editor to take charge of our website and turn it into a lively, informative and valuable resource for our members and visitors.
This is a great opportunity for a freelance copywriter to gain experience of managing an online presence on behalf of a fast-growing professional organisation with a nationwide profile.
The tasks involved will be:
- Source, edit and (re)publish blog posts from our members (two or three per month)
- Source, edit and publish spotlight features from our Pro members (one per month)
- Research, write and publish brief news items, job opportunities and events listings (two or three of each per month)
- Handle requests from third-party advertisers for paid coverage at the site (rare, but could be developed)
- Monitor and moderate forum activity; seed new forum discussions
- Write and send a monthly email update to members, with latest news and links to new content and active forum discussions
- Publicise new content via our Twitter and Facebook feeds; interact with followers if needed
- Suggest ideas for improving the site to attract new members, develop new revenue streams and improve PCN’s public profile.
This is just a starting point. We’re hoping that whoever takes on this role will make it their own, suggesting new ideas we haven’t thought of.
This role would suit a freelance copywriter with a few years’ experience and a good understanding of digital.
Competence with WordPress, Twitter and Facebook is a must. Knowledge of HTML, PHP, email marketing, Constant Contact and Photoshop would be very helpful.
To start with, we’d like to agree a monthly retainer that covers all the tasks listed above. If the role grows in future, we’ll be happy to revisit the arrangement.
You’ll also get a free ticket to our conference, worth up to £345 + VAT, and automatic Pro membership of PCN, worth £40 + VAT pa.
If you’d like to be considered, please email me (tom at procopywriters dot co dot uk), briefly explaining why you’re suitable and stating what you’d charge per month.
No agencies please.