Applications for this job have now closed.
MOO is looking for a seasoned copywriter who is authentically excited about what we do and full of stories to tell. This is a freelance role starting ASAP through to the end of July 2015. You must be available to work onsite Monday – Friday 9am-6pm.
You’ll be responsible for crafting engaging and inspiring copy for the MOO brand and helping to shape the content we create both on and offline. Collaborating closely with the design team you will create concepts and copy for advertising, digital content, emails, blogs, direct mail and product descriptions. This is a mix of short and long copy, and creative writing. You’ll enjoy this role if you’re a creative copywriter with an imagination to create new concepts that fit with the brand and our grand plans for the future.
A dynamic and creative opportunity in a fast-paced, fast-growing, coffee-and-cake-powered company, in a rapidly changing industry, you’ll be part of the broader global Brand & Communications team based in Shoreditch.
- Working alongside our in-house design team, take ideas from concept to creative.
- Crafting creative concepts and copy for marketing and brand communications briefs.
- Creating writing that reflects an understanding of brand identity and tone of voice.
- Producing copy that is optimised for search and user experience for all channels (e.g. websites, online advertising, email, mobile and video).
- Providing guidance and support for the other UK and US copywriters.
- Adapting ATL campaign concepts for BTL marketing materials.
Let’s guess: you’ve already read a handful of job descriptions full of clichés? Pointing out the obvious like looking for candidates that have a way with words, excellent written communication skills and an eye for detail? Well, we promise to avoid them, if you promise to demonstrate you have them.
- Minimum 5 years experience in copywriting and editing.
- Experience working in online ecommerce within an in-house environment.
- Your portfolio is diverse – writing for both B2B and B2C, with a bit of lifestyle thrown in.
- Great examples writing for websites, mobile, online ads, emails and marketing collateral.
- Naturally creative – you understand brand and creative copywriting.
- You’ve got to be organised and up for project managing your own work.
- You’re a designer’s best friend – you’ll have worked closely with a creative team.
- You won’t turn your nose up at small tasks – not every brief is a shining star.
- Coming up with new ideas and concepts that push the envelope are encouraged.