Since launching two years ago, FutureLearn has run hundreds of courses on a diverse range of topics, which have attracted over two million learners from around the world.As the number of courses we offer increases dramatically – and we strive to grow our learner base at an ever-faster rate – we are looking for a Junior Copywriter to join our London-based marketing team.
The core of this role will be working with our partners to create course landing pages, translating academic subject matter into clear, compelling, search-optimised copy.
You will also have the opportunity to develop email marketing campaigns; write and edit for the FutureLearn blog; and work with our Senior Copywriter (that’s me), to develop our tone of voice and approach to content marketing.
- have at least two years’ demonstrable copywriting experience, primarily in a digital environment
- be familiar with SEO techniques, and happy using CMS and email marketing tools
- have an interest in the world of education and a curiosity to learn everyday.
In this role, you will be:
- working in a small, multidisciplinary marketing team
- writing and editing web copy, both short and long
- conducting keyword research, to inform the decisions you make about content
- liaising with partners, to seek feedback and agree on copy
- using in-house and third-party tools to create landing pages and email marketing campaigns
- analysing the success of your work with tools such as Google Analytics
- and playing a critical role in attracting our next two million learners.
Previous experience in any of these areas would be a bonus, but there’s plenty of scope to learn these skills as you work.
FutureLearn is based in the British Library in central London, and we offer a competitive salary and great range of benefits.