April looms, and with it, big changes to tax procedure for self-employed workers. Thank goodness someone’s thinking of us copywriters!
As part of their ongoing Trade Secrets workshop series, word wizards 26 are offering a specialist Accounting for Creatives workshop.
Run by top accountant Christine Styrnau, who has a lifetime of specialist experience working for artists, writers and other expressive types, it’s gold dust for those better with words than numbers.
After the training session, you’ll have a better understanding of:
- the different types of taxes (income tax, VAT, corporation tax…)
- the ins and outs of self-employed vs incorporation
- expenses to claim for self-employed individuals and companies
- record-keeping for accounts
- the workings of the tax system.
When: 2.30–5pm, 9 February 2016
Where: Free Word Centre, 60 Farringdon Road, London, EC1R 3GA
At just £150 for 26 members (and it’s only £26 to become one), this workshop is packed full of advice and ways to make your coffers happier.