We’re pleased to announce an updated design for the PCN website.
As we added new features to the site over the years, the design ended up being a little inconsistent. This redesign brings a consistent look and feel to all areas of the site, with a bolder, clearer design that we hope will improve accessibility and attract more traffic.
We’ve also made the entire site responsive, which should enhance our ranking in Google and improve the shareability of your profile and any blog posts you publish at the site. (If you’re reading on desktop, you can check out the responsiveness by resizing your browser window.)
Other changes include:
- A redesigned directory search page, with quick links for major UK towns that should help both directory access and SEO
- Improved search results pages
- Cleaner, more logical layout for member profiles
- Improvements to the design of Pro members’ portfolio and sample pages
- A complete overhaul of the layout of blog posts, with a photographic author byline and avatar images for PCN members alongside their comments (make sure you’re logged in before you comment)
- A much-improved sidebar on most posts and pages throughout the site, guiding visitors to the highlights of the blog and our most recent member spotlights
Many thanks to Glen Scott of Yellow Square for his excellent development work to make this redesign a reality.