I’d like to invite you to the 12th conference of the European Speechwriter Network at Lady Margaret Hall, Oxford from 13-15 April 2016.
Our conferences offer a unique way to understand the challenges of writing speeches by spending three days in the company of some of the top speechwriters in the world.
The main conference speakers will include:
- The former controller of BBC drama production and the founder of the BBC Writers’ Academy, John Yorke, will be talking about how storytelling principles used in drama apply to business and politics.
- Celebrity ghostwriter, Andrew Crofts, will be speaking about how he manages the dynamics of the relationship between author and ghostwriter.
- Charles Crawford, the former UK ambassador to Sarajevo, Belgrade and Poland and author of Speechwriting for Leaders will give his views on risk-taking as a speechwriter.
- Frank van Hoorn, from Shell, will be asking are speechwriters the elite special forces or the corporate lavatory attendants of the communications’ world?
- Sarah Lynch, who handles communications within the Directorate-General for Financial Stability, Financial Services and Capital Markets Union of the European Commission, will be telling us about the pitfalls of multilingual communication.
You can watch this video to see what one of our conferences is like.
And you can book a place at the conference here.
The skills of copywriters and speechwriters have many overlaps. We’d love you to join us.