A b2b marketing communications agency in Oxfordshire is seeking a Content Lead.
Great content is all about telling stories. In the world of B2B marketing it’s about unravelling complex propositions and explaining them in as entertaining and clear way as possible.
This role will provide great stories to solve our clients’ problems, using a combination of copy, digital, social, illustration, video, imagery, events and more. It can be a simple SMS message, a Vine, a report based on real insight, an email, a series of vox pops, a live show – great content should know no bounds.
The Content Lead will support the Head of Content in building a reputation for delivering award-winning content with this new team. They will be able to challenge and shape a brief, liaise directly with senior clients and then deliver amazing campaigns.
The Content Lead will be able to deliver content themselves and work with the rest of the team as a point of quality control. They will be expected to take ownership of the production of content for some of our clients – meaning they will ensure the quality and accuracy of everything we produce for those clients, whether they have written and produced it themselves or not. They’ll be involved in liaising closely at the start of programmes with the Planning and Client Services team. Meanwhile, they will support the other Content Leads by providing specialist expertise to improve our capabilities across all clients and share best practice. Expertise in copywriting and various content formats is essential as a result, but particular specialisms are preferred.
Your skills and experience
- Significant experience working in marketing and communications
- Experience of developing high quality content (incl. copy), preferably within B2B marketing
- Experience working with a multitude of content formats to drive content strategy
- Demonstrable experience creating all forms of copy from advertising, direct mail, web, articles, newsletters, emails etc to copy-related projects (scripts, storyboards, messaging and campaign rationales)
- Ability to understand complex B2B marketing challenges
- Experience of writing with a variety of styles, applying the appropriate tone and voice to the project, including being responsible for owning the tone of voice for a client or brand
- The ability to work at any stage of a campaign from brief building to delivery
- The ability to create quality copy under pressure and also to advise, with authority, when content is being steered in the wrong direction
- The ability to work independently, managing your own workload, picking up projects and establishing the appropriate dependencies and then working with Client Services to ensure that it is delivered on time
- Experience of briefing and managing work with others to ensure successful delivery of the project. Though not a project management position, the role calls for strong abilities to lead in terms of content direction, business messaging and the needs of the client
- Leadership qualities – in leading a client’s strategy and in driving the role of content within the agency
- A calm, balanced approach to managing workload, deadlines and client demands
- Ability to work independently and at a fast pace
- Empathetic – with clients, their target customers and colleagues
- Ability to question, probe and challenge whilst maintaining rapport and confidence of the client
- An innovative, creative thinker who can work collaboratively to generate content ideas and strategies
- A unique and inspiring working environment
- 25 days holiday
- Dental cover
- Life Assurance
- Pension Scheme
- Learning Grants
- Onsite parking
- Employee discount
- Free breakfast, lunch and fruit items provided
- Summer ball
- Company days away (previously Bluestone Park in Wales and Marbella in Spain twice!)
- Social committee – previously we have had a fish & chip van on St Georges’ day, bowling and laser quest nights, free ice cream on the first hot day of the year, lunchtime picnics /barbeques and more!!!
- Last Friday of the month lunchtime drinks
- Sports clubs – cricket, rounders and football
Please send your portfolio or relevant examples of work along with your CV.
Recruiting through www.pure-recruitment.uk.com