You must sign in to apply for this position.
We’re looking for a copywriter to join our small, friendly team. Ideally, you’ll have a bit of experience under your belt – and you won’t be scared by a chunky B2B brief. We’re very specifically NOT looking for a content writer. Because yes, you’ll need to know how to incorporate keywords (for some projects) – but our clients will be relying on you for ideas, creativity and practical, clear thinking to help them achieve their business objectives.
You’ll be writing everything from brand straplines through to white papers, web copy, brochures, marketing collateral – and everything in between. Basically, if it involves the written word, we do it – so you’ll do it too. This role reports to our Studio Director.
Although we’re open to this role being part time, it probably isn’t suitable for someone who wants a salaried role PT, and a freelance career for the rest of the time. We’ve tried this arrangement before and it doesn’t really work.
To apply, send us your CV, a covering letter, some examples of your work and salary expectations.
In an ideal world, you would have:
- Three years + experience for brands and organisations you’re excited to talk about
- Experience of working with an agency – though we’re open to client-side experience too
- Experience of working with and creating tone of voice, messaging and naming systems
- Experience of training people to communicate
- An understanding of communicating in regulated environments
- And if you haven’t done much strategic brand and language work yet – tell us why you want to join an organisation where you can learn it
Your skillset will include:
- Being highly organised and able to meet deadlines
- Being able to respond positively to feedback
- Proactively supporting clients and colleagues
- An understanding of the corporate business environment
- Copywriting confidently without supervision
- Presenting and communicating ideas
- Being able to do big ideas, as well as small detail
- Lateral thinking
- An understanding of a range of software and online platforms – from Zoom and Teams, through Microsoft office products, project management and editing tools
- A lovely colleague
- Positive and willing to pitch in
- A listener and reader (because we do a lot of research)
- A suggester (because we need team members to come up with ideas – and challenge)
- A do-er (because we have a sh*t-tonne of stuff to get through)
- Open to critique
- Presentable, when you need to be (you have to be smart for some meetings)
- Able to ask for help when you need it
- Able to crack on with stuff, working remotely – but still be a visible and contributing part of the team
What you’ll get
- A highly supportive work environment with opportunities to learn and work with impressive organisations
- 20 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
- 5% pension contribution
- An equipment allowance if you choose to work with your own laptop
- Flexibility around core working hours
- We’re investigating Cycle to Work at the moment… so hopefully we’ll sort it out and that will be on offer too