A versatile writer-freelancer with 30 years’ experience supplying copy needs in the Non-Governmental Sector and 4 years commercial writing for private companies and individuals. Experience covers issue based articles related to human rights and children in poverty, information and publicity materials including: newsletter and journal writing, editing and proofreading, information and publicity materials, leaflets, brochures, pamphlets, flyers, and web content. More commercial writing has been for a range of companies and individuals on web content, e-zine articles, SEO enriched blogs, brochures and individual CVs.
Four years writing for corporate sector including:
• Web content for the oil construction industry, education and migration, private legal and notary services, health supplements, and international couriers.
• E-zine articles for marketing purposes covering short weekend breaks, perfume, weddings, reproduction furniture, pets, rubbish collection, special beds and mattresses, children’s clothing, and many more.
• Ongoing blogs for companies in: air compression, leafletting, online rug selling.
• Product descriptions for a banner company and for a luxury car hire firm
• Ghost writer for a short book on aromatherapy candles.
Thirteen years for Amnesty International UK - an international human rights organisation
• Relevant copy writing on information leaflets, fundraising and marketing materials, and brochures.
Seven years for Y Care International - overseas development organisation working with children and youth,
• Relevant copy for articles on child development programmes for journal, editing submitted articles, general information leaflets, direct-marketing appeals for money.
Eleven years at The International Children’s Trust – an overseas development organisation working with children, their families and communities
• Relevant copy for articles in regular newsletters incorporating rights issues for children in poverty, editing submitted articles, information leaflets, fundraising materials, website content.
My interests: reading, yoga, cycling, gym, film club member, cooking, improving my Spanish, travel anywhere in the world.